Duttons Real Estate has been monitoring the evolving global impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and keeping up to date with any Health Canada changes in protocols. However, the safety of our clients, residents and staff is our main concern. It is important that we all are committed to following Public Health guidelines to prevent the spread of the virus at any of our managed properties and within our office spaces. We are dedicated to providing the same level of service that you have always enjoyed.
Some precautionary measures, to mitigate risk on behalf of our residents, staff and clients currently in place are:
- We are utilizing technology to limit face-to-face contact
- We are in constant contact with our local IT provider to ensure all technology & operations continue
- We assure you that our ability to collect and transmit funds electronically remains in place
- We are initiating daily leadership team discussions
- We will limit group showings, open houses and networking events
- We are only accessing properties for emergency repairs. All non-essential repairs on hold
- We are increasing cleaning in our offices
- Our staff can work remotely from home if required
- A communication has been sent to all employees with information on the coronavirus obtained from reliable sources.
- Cleaning providers will be instructed to increase cleaning at all high touch points (door handles, elevator buttons) of common areas, where applicable.
Your healthcare professional, qualified government and health officials, should continue to be your primary source of current information and guidance during this rapidly evolving situation. According to WHO and our government health officials the best ways to prevent infection and the spread of COVID-19 are:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Sneeze or cough into your arm, sleeve, or tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Consider a wave or elbow bump in place of a handshake or a hug. Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Reduce your exposure to crowded places by shopping or using transit during non-peak hours
- Encourage those you know are sick to stay home until they no longer have symptoms
- If you become ill, stay home until you are no longer showing symptoms. Contact your health care professional or local public health authority and tell them your symptoms. They will give you advice about what to do next
Please refer to the following websites for up to date information:
Although our offices remain open until further notice, we are requesting that all residents reduce office visits to emergency and urgent items only. If you currently come in to our office to pay your rent, you may wish to switch to our EFT payment program by contacting Cindy. For rental properties, maintenance requests can be directly submitted by emailing Faye. If you need to get in touch with us regarding a general inquiry, please email us at email@example.com
We are currently assessing and prioritizing in-suite maintenance requests which will be addressed on an urgent or emergency basis (ie. water escape, plugged toilet, sink/drain backups, no heat or failed appliances). We will continue to monitor the situation closely to ensure the safety of staff and residents, and to minimize any impact on business operations. Updates will be provided, as necessary.
In the meantime, cleaners and maintenance personnel have been notified to increase and prioritize all cleaning measures for touch points in our offices.
Your Duttons Leadership Team