The Single Parent Resource Centre is a locally founded organization with a 40 year history and a mission to support single Mothers and Fathers in the Greater Victoria area. The organization makes a big impact with the help of a small staff and an army of volunteers that work together to serve over 1,800 member families.
The services the organization offer are wide ranging and extremely practical and include:
– Counselling for parents
– Library and toy room
– Free kids clothing
– Bread Pantry
– Birthday gift room for parents which include a variety of locally donated toys, books and gift cards
– Mentoring and education for parents
– School supply program which offers a backpack full of school supplies for 250+ kids
– Christmas hamper program
– Healthy school snack program for 40+ families and 70+ kids
– Fun events and community for member families
The assistance provided by The Single Parent Resource Centre helps to strengthen families and the community as a whole. Duttons has had a long history with the organization, with Lois Dutton serving as a member of the Board for almost 5 years.
Christina Carrick, James Fehr (pictured right and centre), Ole Schmidt and the entire team at Duttons are truly honoured to be able to support the wonderful work of the organization! If you would like to learn more about The Single Parent Resource Centre please visit http://singleparentvictoria.ca.